Friday, December 16, 2016

This isn't Nepal

Today at 8:50 a.m. Dubai time, I was supposed to leave to head to my final destination, Nepal. However, Air France decided to keep my bags in Paris for an extra day, so I am still in Dubai. Hopefully my bags will arrive on the next Air France flight at around midnight tonight. Luckily, I always leave a few days early because of these mishaps!!

Dubai is not what I expected it to be, I guess I didn't really know what I expected....but they have a lot of American cars, and the roadways look a lot like any tropical Southern Florida town, or L.A. At first glance the only way you can tell you aren't in Miami is the Arabic written on store fronts.

I am a true believer of things happen for a reason, and it was nice to catch up on some solid horizontal sleep, after traveling for over 24 hours. I even got a solid interval workout in at the hotel gym. On the way back from my adventures I will be exploring Dubai, but for now, I am just hanging out waiting/hoping my bag will come in today! Update: British comedies are quite funny, and even better when they are in Arabic and you have no clue what they are saying!

Hopefully next time I blog it will be getting ready to go to Mt. Everest...with my luggage!

Happy Trails,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment